Saturday, January 23, 2021

Return from MB-2

A return from another time--Jan 3, 2020, "Morningbrain--"Deux..."

 

Well, it is 6:30, just a bit late for morningbrain, but that is because I ignored its call just a bit earlier--5:30 or so--when it began as I stumbled out the door and across the front lawn to field the paper which our carrier thoughtfully provided around 5 AM if she (I think) was on schedule as has been her wont for the past year or so. In any case, that being done, Tobi and I returned to our places alongside Jennie--he to return to sleep, and me to engage in my usual, if a bit later than usual, morningbrain activity.

 

That’s just how it works, although a bit later than usual, as I said, today. In any case, it’s still quite dark out, something that will begin to change pretty soon, though. And mb and I are slowly coming together with a few thoughts. (Have to laugh at myself here--when doing my first edit, I thought I had made a mistake. Not so, though, as mb well knows,)

 

First up is that business of those end days, starting with my dad.

 

When he passed on, I was there, but just in the beginning. One thing he did while I was there was to begin moving his arms, in almost a swimming nature. Which was something I did not understand. Nor did the three others who were there with me. In any case, if they, Leo, Walt, and my old scouting friend, had understood, they did not pass on any advice. I will pass on just a bit, since learning was accomplished, thanks to a bit of recollection about what Dad was wanting. A touch was all, a touch which I did not give. Something that I regret but need never regret again since it was the last thing I learned from him. His last gift to me.

 

And thanks to that learning, when Uncle Marshall was passing, and when he, like Dad, reached out, I was there and I took that hand and, hopefully, provided what uncle wanted, a small thing, a touch. He calmed immediately when I took his hand, and when I passed it on to another shortly thereafter. Which, I suspect was a good thing for us all. It was just a short time later that he left us--peacefully, it seemed. Something that may not have occurred, if Dad had not taught me what he did teach me as he was passing.

 

Just one more thing to thank him for, the next time I see him.

 

There. Morningbrain struck, and morningbrain did its job.

 

Thanks, mb.


1 comment:

Stephen V. Geddes said...

With this entry, I am retrieving items I posted in a secondary blog after I thought this blog would not accept posts beyond a certain number acceptably. AOK now, though. Hope you enjoy this and the rest that will follow.