Tuesday, January 19, 2021

RE: Covid-19 immunizations

 

I have a problem—suspect you might have a problem too.  It is with attempting to register to receive a covid-19 immunization and having no reasonable record of the receiving entity’s receiving my request, much less of my request being acted on. 

 

Now, I don’t know about you, but this is highly frustrating.  I am not trying to get anything special here—just trying to get some recognition of having made a request through the premiere agency in my area and having no record of my request having been received and/or acted upon.  Who can find out what is going on here?  Can I contact a legislator and get any information?

 

I sent my request via the Aiken Regional Medical Center’s site.  I filled out documentation on a “VAMS” something or another.  I have a notation indicating something has been received.  I have no knowledge of what my efforts have resulted in vis-à-vis my request and the opportunity to receive a vaccination.

 

Will send this to my personal doctor, and to ARMC, and to my political representatives (every one I can find an email address for), and to our new President, and to my local newspaper.

 

Hopefully, somebody knows something.

 

I DON’T!

 

And that is, at the very least, frustrating.

5 comments:

Stephen V. Geddes said...

Checked an availability map on the DHEC site--noticed Doctor's Care in Aiken says they have vaccines. Went to them and answered the questions on their site--they said in 24 to 48 hours we would receive emails about when to come by. YAY! (I hope!)

Stephen V. Geddes said...

Their 48 hours is about up....Nothing yet.

Stephen V. Geddes said...

Nothing--period.

Stephen V. Geddes said...

Interesting--given a little help from a friend (well, a daughter,) we got that appointment. Will write a bit about it (it was fantastic, by the way!) Look somewhere around the end of the first or the second week in February--that's where that discussion will be found!

Stephen V. Geddes said...

Received the shots (2) at Aiken Tech, with help from Augusta University, from daughter Lara, via Dr. Fallaw, and Aiken Tech's nursing students, and, interestingly enough, with WJBF's Shawn Cabbagestalk. Got the shots and helped provide a "shot" via Channel 6 on a couple of their newscasts. How about that!