Saturday, February 6, 2021

Flippin’ with my Flip-phone 


Well, I woke up this morning and before I got too busy doing whatever (got that?  There’s a whole lot of “whatever” in every household, or so I’m told.)  But, as I was saying, before I got too busy, I took a look at my little flip phone and read a message from Aiken Ophthalmology about an appointment I had scheduled while leaving from my last appointment.

 

You know, these messages are a pretty good thing.  Didn’t waste my time, didn’t waste AO’s time, and that appointment will be met, even though forgetful me had not remembered to put it on my calendar last year when I should have.

 

Good deal, Aiken Ophthalmology, good deal, AT&T, and good deal, little flip phone buddy who, according to AT&T, will be going the way of the dinosaurs in another year, AT&T having moved on to a 5G environment, something my little pocket pal will not be able to handle sometime soon. 

 

Well, guess I’ll just have to come up with some sort of alternative to my little pocket buddy (which has served me well—hope I’ll be able to say the same about its replacement.)

 

When, you say?  Well, after five or six years, the time I have had my trusty flip phone, or so I hope!  As far as I’m concerned, though, all I need is another flip phone.  Why do I need to carry around a little computer in my pocket?   All  really need is a phone!  

No comments: