Saturday, February 27, 2021

Alzheimers, anyone?

I spent a good part of the morning looking for articles on Alzheimer's.  And I found quite a few out there, I must admit, and what is covered can be very direct or nebulous.  So far, I haven't found quite what I want.  Oh well, that's just the way things are.

Moving right along, though, and with just a bit more examination, I’d have to say things aren’t really all that bad.

In any case, I guess what I'm really looking for is a definition of what chemicals, vitamins, or whatever might be helpful in driving my forgetfulness up the wall (or, anywhere, but where it seems to be happiest, i.e., in my brain!) Articles on the subject mention:  Phosphatadyl serene, biloba extract and bacopa.  One I already take is that extract from the ginkgo biloba tree.  Interestingly enough, a couple of my neighbors have this tree on their properties.  I wonder if there is some reason, other than the beautiful yellow foliage it displays every autumn, that my neighbors have this tree on their properties?  Guess I should ask them. 

One Amazon item which has all three of these substances is Neuroguard's Neuro Support Supplement.  And, while this is probably just one of many formulations that may meet my needs, surprisingly enough, it's not all that expensive.  Looks like one more pill to take every day--and, perhaps, adding this one pill might enable me to drop off a couple other pills I now take.  And, if it helps, won't that be great!  

Nothing like finding an answer to a problem that may just work.  Sure is worth a try!


2 comments:

Stephen V. Geddes said...

Also: https://www.endalznow.org/news/research-shows-intermittent-fasting-may-prevent-alzheimers-disease

Stephen V. Geddes said...

Above >>Could be important!<<