Tuesday, December 8, 2020

Bing, Dean, and Perry

 

You know, while lying in bed this morning, I started thinking about some of those “great” singers I remembered from my early years (really, I was thinking of our newest 14 year old, and what he probably likes to listen to.)  So, you know what?  I have no idea what nephew Dylan might like to listen to, or even if he listens to anything musical.  I have my suspicions, though, and since he is a musician, tenor sax, or something close to it, maybe a bit of sharing might be in order.

 

It being the Christmas season (for real, finally,) my thoughts began and ended with “White Christmas.”  “I’m dreamin’ of a White Christmas…  (With every Christmas card I write…,”) (Or so it goes.)  And for those oldsters in our midst, I suspect the names “Bing Crosby,” "Dean Martin", and (oh yes,) "Perry Como" just might ring a bell or two here.  Dean, better known to me as part of “Martin and Lewis,” was good.  Perry, of course was good, too!  But in my book, the top of the line was Bing Crosby. 

 

And, in today’s internet world, anyone who might want to see what I mean here is free to take a look, maybe a listen, to these three gentlemen of Yore and come up with their own thinking on the matter.  One movie, “White Christmas,” just may be worth a watch, too, although I suspect only one of my “Big Three” may show up there. 

 

In any case, “Kids,” take a look, and maybe a listen, and see what you might think!

1 comment:

Stephen V. Geddes said...

And thanks, Corey Washington, wherever you are!