Friday, April 5, 2019

Think Recovery



While flipping through a "composition book" where I keep things like passwords, as well as thoughts I might have when the book happens to be in my hands, I came to this little poem.  Think I'll put it in here (in case I lose the book, maybe the internet will save just a bit of one of my thoughts.)


Think Recovery

Every now and then, my friend,
Or so I sometime think...
I take some paper and a pen,
And write, instead of drink.

There was a time, I'm sad to say,
When this was not the case, though,
A time when thought was washed away,
Down a "Madhatter" infested sink hole.

This arrived without a thought
Thanks only to growing older,
And drink that once was what I sought
Just left my thinking colder.

In time, that changed--changed as it should,
And now things are better for all;
For me, my wife, yes, even our dog,
Trust is now there whenever I call,
                   And trust, my friend, is good.


And, of course, copyright 2019, Stephen V. Geddes
(Should have been around 2010, but I just re-found it.)

1 comment:

Stephen V. Geddes said...

What think ye--could you just be--maybe a little, little bit like me (or who I was when the thought occurred, you see?)